sobota, 13. december 2014

QUICK UPDATE

I'll just write a quick update to what has been happening to me in the past month or so. 

The first and most important thing is I booked a flight to London with Jana :) We are going to London on 23rd of January for three and a half days. Can't wait. We invited Anna (German girl who went to Dublin with us) but she cannot go. As we are in London on Monday as well, Jana's host dad actually took a day off from work so she could go. I didn't or don't have much trouble with that because Desmond doesn't work on Mondays or Fridays. So after I booked the flights, we had to find accomodation. And that wasn't that easy to find. Everyone that I talked with about that, said we should stay in the Zone 1 or 2 regarding Tube, so that Tube won't be too expensive, plus we wouldn't spend a lot of time in it. Anywho, we checked many hostels etc. but not even one was good enough for us. Yes, we are a bit picky. At least when it comes to London. We weren't really picky when we were deciding where to stay in Dublin. After long talk with Jana, we chose Airbnb. I will let you know more about this next month, after London.

The second thing that pops into my head right now is driving from Edinburgh for the first time. Pamela's car got hit in some parking lot and is now getting repaired. That's why they needed a rental car. The rental place where Desmond took the car is on the opposite side of Edinburgh ZOO. Desmond asked me if I can go with him. He would drive my car to that place, take the rental car and then I would drive my car back home. And let me tell you, I was absolutely high. I know it sounds a little bit silly, but it was the first time when I was driving in the city and on my own. Of course I've driven on many unknown roads before in different countries, but this time I also drove on the opposite side. UK road rules are slightly different from what I'm used to. So I was really really really excited when I was driving back home. Desmond had to pick up Sarah from school, so I went on my own. Didn't follow him. But I know these roads quite well, so it wasn't a problem. I also drove to Linlithgow twice this week. Finally I'm not just driving around South Queensferry, but also to other towns/cities. 

I was family Coyne's personal chauffeur yesterday. The usual driving by taking Sarah to bus stop and Daniel to and off school. But then I also drove Desmond to church and to train station. Picked him up from train station hours later. Picked up Sarah from train station as well an hour later. And in the night went to Linlithgow to pick up Pamela. She was on a Christmas party. I would normally not complain about driving this much but roads were very icy yesterday so it wasn't really fun to drive. I had to be very careful, shift gears quickly (too quickly in my opinion), slow acceleration etc. The only fun drive was to Linlithgow and that's because it was a longer route. 

My friends and I went to Edinburgh Christmas lights switch on almost a month ago. The lights were switched on on 23rd of November. Quite early for Slovenian standards, but normal here. Christmas market was opened few days earlier. And now, due to up-coming Christmas, Edinburgh is full of tourists, which means I don't like being in the city that much. It just gets too crowded really. If you want to go to Christmas market and see what they are selling and/or offering, you need to prepare yourself for long queues, very slow walk pace and lots of different smells. I had German bratwurst (pečenica) for lunch and it was pretty good. Slovenians are still much better though. And for the dessert I bought apfelstrudel, which was also good, but my mum definitely bakes better strudel. Edinburgh is a beautiful city and it looks nice, decorated in Christmas lights. However, I still prefer the city without them.

And for those who don't know or have forgotten ... I am coming to Slovenia very soon! :) This Friday, on 19th. Can't wait! :)

My next blog will be posted after New Year's and I will let you know all about my vacation in Slovenia. Merry Christmas everyone and happy New Year. Can't believe I'm already wishing you this :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar