sreda, 11. februar 2015

LONDON: PART THREE

Our last day started reasonably early. We woke up around 8, tidied our room, packed our suitcases and then agreed with Patrick that we can leave our stuff at their appartment, while we explore London. For Jana it was fine; she had huge shoulder bag with all her clothes. I meanwhile had a carry-on and to have it with me for hours would've been nuisance for me. Especially because we decided to go to British museum and then shopping. 

I for some unknown reason didn't sleep well at all the previous night. I went to sleep an hour after Jana and then I kept moving around. Maybe I couldn't fall asleep because of the too soft bed or maybe because I was really tired. Sometimes when I'm overly tired I then have trouble falling asleep. So I ended up sleeping for just two or three hours. And that meant I really needed to get a coffee as soon as possible. I bought a latte in the bakery where we got our breakfast each past morning. And the coffee tasted amazing! Best coffee I had since I came to UK. Hopefully some time I'll get to drink it again :)

We took the bus and went to The British Museum. This museum is dedicated to human history and culture and has over 8 million works. That makes the museum one of the largest and most comprehensive in existence. As I've mentioned in some of my previous posts, most of UK museums (and also some gallaries) provide free admission. So I would strongly recommend you to visit museums and gallaries when you are in UK. Even if you're not that interested in what museums and gallaries offer, I'm sure you'll still find at least something of your interest. On the top floor in the museum lies the department of Japan. That was my favourite part in the museum. 

















Samurai armour and helmet


After the visit to the museum we walked to Oxford Street and went shopping. I didn't buy anything, even though every store had sale. The prices were still a bit too high for me. And I didn't want to buy anything from Primark, because I can just go there when in Edinburgh. Clothes are more or less the same. Jana, however, bought few things for her and for her sister. After two hours shopping we went for lunch. Jana bought a subway, while I went to pizza hut. They were very close to each other. At around 3 o'clock we headed back to our apartment, chatted a bit with the couple who was staying there after us, relaxed after 5 hours of more or less constant walk then went to the bakery for hot chocolate and coffee. Yes I again had the best UK coffee! :) 

We then grabbed a taxi, who drove us to the Liverpool Station, gave back our Oyster cards and went on the train. Slowly the train got filled up and we ended up seating across Irish mum and her daughter. Chatted throughout most of the trip about London, what we saw, where we're from etc. Was a lovely 45 minutes long trip. It didn't take us long to get through security and quickly we settled. Our flight back was at 20.35 but it got delayed. This time the reason for the delay wasn't technical problem but it just arrived late from previous destination. But maybe it got delayed because of technical problem in one of the previous flights aircraft had. Jana got slightly impatient. Quite understandable though. We had a long day, we walked a lot the past few days and we were quite tired. We ended up making a bet. We tried to guess the time when we'll be on the plane. Whoever wins will have to pay the dinner at Nando's. I won! :) We took off one hour later and arrived at Edinburgh airport at 22.15. Desmond was really nice to pick me up from the airport, so I was home at quarter to 11. 

I loved London! It's a very beautiful city, lots of things to see, many places to explore. We've seen many things in just three and a half days, but of course it was nowhere near enough. So I'm definitely going back as soon as I can :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar