petek, 23. januar 2015

BACK IN SCOTLAND

When I left Slovenia Tjaša and Uroš were both feeling a bit ill. I thought I managed to escape from the all the sickness that surrounded me, but I was wrong. A day after my arrival Sarah got sick and soon after Desmond as well. They were both coughing and sneezing. Plus the weather was quite bad. Very windy and rainy. But the temperatures were quite mild. Around 7 to 10 degrees. I went for an intensive walk twice the first week. Hoping the rain wouldn't catch me and that the wind won't be so strong. The speed of the wind was around 90 km/h. I drove Pamela to train station in Linlithgow and I actually had to hold the steering wheel with both hands because the wind kept moving the car. I haven't had to do that in quite some time now. Also Pamela had to open car doors three times. The wind kept shutting them. But I liked it. Though, I was inside of the house most of the time. 

We exchanged gifts on Monday evening. I gave host parents framed pictures of Daniel and Sarah, while Daniel got a poster of dinosaurs and Sarah a poster of young Leonardo DiCaprio. They were all very happy and pleased with what they got. Especially Sarah. She kept telling me how happy she is with what she got. I got four presents! I was so surprised to get that many presents. Didn't expect to get that much. I got really nice blue, fluffy slippers. I really needed new ones. The old slippers are too used. I also got two toiletries bag. So now I have enough shower gels, body lotions, hand creams, pilings etc. for a while. Not complaining at all. Everything smells very nice. My last present was a set of jewerly. Green-blue bracelet, necklace and earrings. Absolutely love the gifts! :)

On Friday I've met with Jana in the city and we went to Nando's for dinner. Was lovely to see her again after almost four weeks since we last saw each other. The weekend was spent at home. Weather was pretty bad. Mostly very rainy. So it wasn't much fun to go out. I did however go for a walk. Couldn't stay inside anymore. But it was only drizzling at that time, so not much problem. I mostly watched TV shows and movies and in the evening I watched The Voice with the family. I also read a lot. And of course slept a lot :) I actually needed to catch up on some sleep. Was still a bit tired from everything that I did in Slovenia plus I went back to normal hour of waking up. That is at 7 o'clock.

The weather changed to better in the second week. More sun, colder - around 0 to 2 degrees. Sarah went back to school, but she was still coughing a bit. While Desmond got even more sick. And on Wednesday Daniel got sick as well. He had fever in the evening. So he stayed home the next two days. Which meant I spent both Thursday and Friday watching movies with him. We watched a movie about dinosaurs, Maleficent and Godzilla. I was of course multi-tasking. Was reading while watching :) On Saturday I went to Edinburgh on Au Pair meeting where I met many nice girls. Most of them just came to Scotland to start on their new jobs. There were nine of us all together, but three "old" ones. So I met six new girls. 

We started our meeting at Scots Monument and then went for lunch to The Filling Station. I had pizza, which cost me 10 pounds. That's pretty normal price for pizza here. But I have to say that Slovenian pizzas are much bigger. We stayed there for two hours, then the girls that I already knew from before, left us, while the rest of us went to Grassmarket for coffee. One Spanish girl left us before because she had to babysit. While Swedish girl came with us but then left us due to some other plans she had. One other girl joined us while we were on the way to Grassmarket. So there were six of us at the coffee shop. Two Austrians, both 19 year old. The rest are 24 or 25 years old. I finally met someone my age! That's exciting. The oldest girl comes from Spain, then France and Romania. We spent hours chatting and chatting and then finally moved again. We went to Standing Order for drinks. French girl had to leave because she was babysitting, Austrian girls left too. So Spanish, Romanian and Slovenian girls were left at the table. And we had so much fun getting to know each other, talking about host families etc. I had a blast! 

Now it's time for me to get ready for London. I'm going in less than three hours! Yay :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar