torek, 20. januar 2015

SECOND WEEK IN SLOVENIA - PART 2

I'll first start by telling you few more important things that have been decided within last two weeks. Firstly, my sister Tjaša and friend Špela are coming to visit me on 25th of February for whole week. I'm so excited! They will stay at my place of course but we also plan to go somewhere for the weekend. Haven't decided yet. Secondly, I'm coming to Slovenia for a long weekend on 27th of March. Thirdly, I am going to London in just four days! Can't wait. And lastly, I'm going to Aberdeen for a weekend with German friend Anna, who went to Dublin with me, and two new friends that I made - Swedish girl Ellen and French girl Claire. We are going on 7th of February. So February is going to be lots of fun :)

My second week back home was slightly more peaceful than the first one. I still went hiking or walking almost every day. It was snowing on Saturday. I think we got around 40 - 50 cm of snow. I was really to see snow again after a long time. Taking Šerif for a walk in that weather is always fun. He absolutely loves snow. I remember Tjaša and I made "new" path on the meadows that we normally walk in. And making the new path was quite a good exercise :) 

The view from our living room

Šerif


This and previous picture were taken by Tjaša 

On Monday the temperatures were very low. Around - 10°C. And as probably most of you already know, I love freezing temperatures. The freezing air just makes me feel so alive. On Tuesday the people who sing at our church choir went to Ljubljana center. We went to see nativity scenes in two churches that are in city centre and ended up singing Sveta Noč (Oh Holy Night). Then we went to see Christmas market, drank mulled wine (kuhanček) and/or warm tea. We really needed that, to warm ourselves up. Not everyone enjoys freezing temperatures like I do :) After 2 hours of wandering around, we went into a small coffee shop. Or maybe it was just a bar. Not sure. Poor waitress had to make around ten hot chocolates. Iztok and I ordered coffee. At around 9 o'clock in the evening we headed back home. 

Do we look like we're cold or not? :)

This picture was taken while we were singing

Blanka (Špela's and Iztok's mum), my mum and me

Blanka and mum

Iztok and Tjaša

City centre 

City centre 

Thank you Uroš Medar for the pictures :) 

Tuesday night was spent in front of telly with my brother Uroš, watching Top Gear Christmas special. We of course laughed a lot. Can't wait for the next season!

I spent New Year's Eve at home with Tjaša and mum. Before Uroš, my brother, left to his party, we had a nice dinner. Then we started playing board games. Tjaša was doing something else at first, so mum and I played alone. While we were playing, the movie Mamma mia was on telly, so I ended up singing Abba songs while playing. Later Tjaša joined and I remember mum made some remarks that made Tjaša and me laugh like crazy. We also had a glass of white wine while playing. New Year's day started in late morning. The day was beautiful - sunny and freezing. Tjaša and mum decided we should go hiking. So we went hiking to a hill that is close by - Grmada. In the afternoon we went to grandparents' place for dinner. Aunt with her family came as well. 

Next day we played tarok - my favourite card game and later I went to Nina's new place to meet with my friends from high school, Sara and Monika. Monika's boyfriend came as well and this time Nina's boyfriend wasn't working. We had a lovely time. Just chatting a lot about all sorts of stuff, eating snacks and later in the night Nina prepared raw cake for us. Was delicious! 

On Saturday I first met with Teja, university friend. She gave me Lila Pause (one of my favourite chocolate bars) and a very nice bracelet! Later I met with Sašo, my ex boyfriend and we both gave each other Toblerone bars. Even the same size. Was quite funny :) 

On my last (whole) day in Slovenia I tried to do and see as many things as possible. After church, I went to usual coffee with Špela and Iztok. Tjaša wasn't feeling too well, so she stayed home. Mum cooked my favourite (I think I've been using this word too much) meal. Dunajski zrezek (Vienna schnitzel) with buckweat porridge and carrots plus peas with seasoning and a little bit of cream. Loved it! I ate too well while I was home. After lunch mum and I went for a long walk and I took some really nice pictures. Most were taken from the church.

Kamniško-Savinjske Alpe

Šerif enjoying snow

Karanke and village Dol (where my grandparents live)

mum and Šerif

my village church



Aunt invited us to her place for dinner. Tjaša and Uroš were feeling a bit under the weather, so only mum and me went. But we also drived grandparents. It's been quite a while since we were there the last time. Aunt's sister-in-law with her husband and cousins grandmother were also there. Aunt prepared many delicious entrees for us plus a very nice dinner. So I was really full by the time we left their house. I drove grandparents back home and we said our goodbyes. 

In the evening I met with Špela and Iztok again, had a lovely time and then said bye to Iztok. Špela said she will go to the airport with me the next day. I woke up at around 7.30 in the morning on Monday, started getting ready for my leave. I wanted to be at the airport - I flew from Brnik this time - at 10 o'clock. I hugged mum, Tjaša and Špela and went inside. Mum then went to work, while Špela and Tjaša went back home. Špela was driving behind us the entire time. This time it wasn't as hard as it was 5 months ago. But still wasn't easy. My flight was scheduled to depart at 11.35 but due to some technical problem, it got delayed for 2 hours. I wasn't bothered with it, because my next flight, flight from London Luton to Edinburgh, was at 18.35. So I had lots of time. I brought a book with me and it kept me busy the entire wait. I also enjoyed the view from the waiting area. I could see straight into the mountains :) 

Picture taken when I was already seated

You can see Triglav. Not the best quality of this picture but it is still visible. 

When we took off, I enjoyed the view for few more minutes. Saw Bohinjsko jezero and mountains nearby, but then clouds came. And there were clouds throughout my whole flight. I landed in London Luton at 2 o'clock, quickly went through security without any problems, then sat and continued with reading my book. The time passed very quickly. Soon it was time to board my next flight and after one hour I was already landing in Edinburgh. I quickly called Desmond, who then picked me up at the airport. 

And now few pictures of cute Diva and Šerif :)



I love this picture - Sister took it




Enjoying the sun :)





Hope you enjoyed reading :) My next topic will be first two weeks of being back in Scotland :) 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar