sreda, 25. februar 2015

THE LAST TWO WEEKENDS

The last two weekends were mostly spent home. On Saturday, two weeks ago, the weather was horrible. Foggy and cloudy. And it has been like that throughout most of the previous week. But I got tired of just sitting inside, so I decided to go out for a long walk. I've recently found a new walking path and now I go there every time I go for a walk. The path is on the other side of the town, starts close to the Forth rail bridge and then leads to Dalmeny house. The path goes through a forest and is mostly very close to the beach. The first time I went there, I went from my house. And it takes around 20 min just to get to the Forth rail bridge. From this point it then take additional 40 min of intansive, fast walk to reach the Dalmeny house. That's why I now drive myself to the bridge, park and start my walk there. 

Dalmeny house is a Gothic revival mansion and it's a home for Earl of Rosebery and his family. 

Dalmeny house
 



Forth Rail Bridge

The weather on Sunday was completely different than on Saturday. It was amazing. Felt like spring. Hardly any wind, mostly sunny and the temperatures were around 10°C. So really warm. And to make the day even better, I met with friends in Edinburgh. At first I only met with Ellen. We went for a walk around the Princes Street Gardens, just enjoying the warm temperatures. Then we headed across the North Bridge and went for lunch. The city centre was very busy. Lots of people on the street due to the nice weather and also because of rugby game. After lunch we met with Szidi, Hungarian girl, for coffee. I had a lovely Sunday. 

I was home whole last weekend. On Saturday I again went walking to Dalmeny house and this time it was sunny. But it was also very windy, which meant it was very cold. On each walk back home I picked up snowdrops and put them in a vase in my room. I saw snowdrops for the first time here on 1st of February, And was shocked to see them so early. But the surprise was lovely. Snowdrops are one of my favourite flowers :) On Sunday Desmond and Pamela went to Glasgow to watch football game, so I spent whole day babysitting. 

Dalmeny house

Golf course around the Dalmeny house

I love this house. It's huge but not too big. And it's very secluded. For some reason it reminds me of Adam's family's house (in a good way that is)







I will conclude this post with what Ellen told me. She was in Slovenia for few weeks last summer with her scouts group. For 10 days (I hope I rememered correctly) they were hiking/walking from Postojna to Kostanjevica pri Krki. Every evening they went to people's houses and asked if they can stay over for the night. I thought that people would mostly say no. I think Slovenian people can be a bit closed to others/foreigners, but Ellen gave me a pleasent surprise by telling me mostly everyone was okay with them staying for the night. She loved Slovenia! Said she's definitely going back as soon as possible. Oh and I shouldn't forget to mention that her host family has a Range Rover and she gets to drive it! Lucky girl :)

My next post will be about the week I spent with my sister. She's coming tonight!!! 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar