ponedeljek, 16. marec 2015

SISTER'S VISIT: Part three

Tjaša and I agreed to go to Edinburgh on Monday, explore the city a bit more and then go shopping. We wanted to go in late morning so we would have enough time to go to the museum and then shopping, but I had to stay in the house for few more hours because of some packaging being picked up. 

That's why we had a lazy morning. Tjaša was writing her travel diary, while I did some things on my lap top and just relaxed for a little while. We were both actually happy doing nothing. Few minutes to 1 o'clock in the afternoon we took the bus towards Edinburgh. Then we walked pass all the shops on Princes Street and ended up at Old Calton Cemetery. Then we walked across North Bridge, found a nice coffee place on Royal Mile and warmed up. It was cloudy and very windy. It was also snowing for few minutes few times. So we needed to warm ourselves up. After coffee we went to the castle to see the view of the city. And the view really was nice. 


The view of Old town from Old Calton Cemetery

Clock belongs to The Balmoral hotel

View of Calton hill



This photograph of my sister reminds me of Ivana Kobilca's painting called Kofetarica 


Edinburgh Castle at the top


The view from the castle


The view from the castle


The view from the castle




After walking around the city we finally went shopping. We didn't even bother with going to all the shops. Tjaša only wanted to go to Primark. We were there for almost three hours and she bought many things. If I remember correctly she bought 14 things that in sum cost 40 pounds. I didn't buy as much, just three things. A dress, a jumper and a skarf. We were both very happy with what we bought. Especially Tjaša :)

For dinner we went to Indian restaurant in South Queensferry. We were both enjoying dinner very much. The portions are quite big, so we shared one. We ordered Chicken Manchurian, Bombay aloo and Peshwari naan. I absolutely love peshwari naan. After dinner we walked to the house and the weather was toying with us. There was a huge snow storm. We walked for 15 minutes and when we reached the house, we were totally white. Snow was so sticky that it didn't go off that easily when we tried to get it off while walking.

Before bed time we watched a French movie called Le dernier vol with my two favourite French actors, but I didn't like it at all. I was actually struggling to stay awake the whole time. It was just 100 minutes long so that was good. 

Tuesday was Tjaša's last whole day in Scotland. And all we planned to do was relax :) We've been up and about every day since she came here. I had to do some chores around the house (laundry, ironing) and later on do homework with Daniel. We were deciding about going out for a walk but the weather wasn't really nice. It was still very windy and at times rainy and/or snowy. So we more or less stayed in. We just drove to the bridges so she would see them one more time.






For our last dinner Desmond cooked traditional Scottish meal. Haggis, mashed potatoes and mashed turnip. It was the first time for both to try haggis. And it reminds me of Slovenian version called krvavica. It was really good. Liked it very much. Tjaša did as well. After dinner we chatted for a while longer, then went to sleep. We started watching a movie but ended up just going to bed. 

Her flight on Wednesday was at 10.40 so we left my house a bit after 9 o'clock. I drove her to the airport and we said our goodbyes. It was really nice having her here for whole week, showing her places and just showing her my life in Scotland. 

In less than two weeks I'm going to Slovenia for a long weekend and I really can't wait!


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar