petek, 20. marec 2015

MY TOP FIVE OF THINGS THAT COME TO MY MIND: Part 1

Last Saturday night I couldn't fall asleep. I was out with friends whole day and when I came home I was very tired. But I just couldn't fall asleep. I was tossing and turning for around an hour and then just gave up. I was awake until 4 am. To occupy myself I took my book in hands and read, but my mind also wandered to my next topic in my blog. And I've decided to share a bit of me with you. 

So what I'll write about in this post is my top five of everything that comes to my mind. And I'll also try to explain why certain thing is on my top five list. Some listings are going to be the usual, common ones, for example my top films, songs, food etc. Other's will be slightly more personal. But more about these in next part, otherwise this is going to be a very long post.

I also have to say that most of things on any top five listing are in no particular order. So just because it's written first, it does not mean it's my no. 1. Unless, of course, I say otherwise. But mostly it's too hard to choose no. 1. 

So let's get started! 

Top 5 films:
  • The Dark Knight: I cannot stress enough by telling you how much I love this film. For this film I can actually say it's my no. 1. I absolutely adore Joker. He's the perfect villain. Plain crazy without any good reason. He gave us two different reasons in the film about how he became like that, so audience cannot know which one is true. If any! He doesn't have any ulterior motive. Doesn't want money. Just likes creating chaos. Another reason why I love this movie is because of the soundtrack. Movie soundtracks are very important to me and they can basically make or break a film in my opinion. And Hans Zimmer is definitely the best!
  • Inception: Yes, another Nolan film. I do like his films. Inception has a very difficult storyline. It throws the audience into action straight away. And for first 10 min or so you don't have a clue what's happening. I like the cast a lot. I've became Leonardo DiCaprio fan in the past few years. I tend to like his films. Then of course Ken Watanabe with whom I fell in love with in The last samurai. And spectacular French actress Marion Cottilard. I love her part in the film. I like that she's dangerous in a way. Of course Hans Zimmer did music for this film. So I love soundtrack again. 
  • Despicable me: My favourite animated movie. The story is adorable, it makes you laugh many times, the minions are like the penguins from The Madagascar. Or like the squirrel from Ice Age. And the little girl with "It's so fluffy!" 
  • Marley and me: I know it's a bit cheesy film and Owen Wilson isn't really that good actor, but I still really like the story. I fell in love with Marley immediately. Hard not to love a dog like that. It's just a really nice story about how important in someone's life a dog is, even when the dog is very disobedient. 
  • The Matrix: I watched this film for the first time when I was 10 or 11. And I watched it without any subtitles. Slovene or English. And I remember very clearly asking my brother what Zion is. I thought Zion was the Matrix. I don't really know why I like the film. Maybe because it is so futuristic for that time. It takes a while to understand it and of course I then had my early teenage crush on Keanu Reeves. 

As some of you know I love classical music. So I'm going to devide top five songs into two categories: popular and classical music/songs. 

Top 5 popular songs:
  • Wherever I may roam by Metallica: I started listening to Metallica because of my first boyfriend. He loved Metallica and many other metal groups. And he infected me with the same love. I love metal. But I have to say that I am not a huge fan of trash or heavy metal. And this song isn't a proper trash metal song. It's metal but the drums are not going to explode any time soon, nor is the beat very quick. This song is by far my favourite Metallica song.
  • Affair by Hurts: Few months ago Teja sent me a link to one of their songs. I can't remember which one exactly. But I know I liked the song so much, that I ended up downloading their both albums. The song Affair hooked me completely. I also really like Unspoken, Evelyn, Silver Lining, Illuminated, Exile etc. 
  • Sing for absolution by Muse: Muse is one of my favourite bands. I've been in UK for 7 months now and they just had a concert in Glasgow. But on a Monday. So couldn't go. I hated it! Why on Earth would they have a concert on a Monday?! And if yes, why not closer to me? Hopefully I'll get a chance to go on their concert, because I love them. They have so many awesome songs (Supremacy, Madness, Explorers, Bliss, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Exogenesis songs, Uprising etc.). And Matthew Bellamy is in my opinion 21st century's Freddie Mercury. Amazing voice with a wide vocal range. 
  • Falling by The Civil Wars: Two weeks ago I read a book that constantly mentioned a musical duo called The Civil Wars. I went on YouTube, listened to the songs they mentioned and fell in love with the duo. I did the same as with Hurts then. Downloaded both their albums and since then I listen to them all the time. I would recommend you to listen to Poison & Wine, Barton Hollow, Dance me to the end of love, I had me a girl etc.
  • Way to fall by Starsailor: I'm just going to say one thing - this song can make me cry even when I'm in a good mood. It has that strong effect on me.

Top 5 classical songs/pieces:
  • Adagio in G minor by Albinoni: A very sad, breath-taking piece. I don't want to sound morbid, but I want this piece to be played on my funeral instead of a silly speech about my life. It is definitely my no. 1 in classical music. 
  • Concerto in D minor after Alessandro Marcello, Bach: I heard about this piece for the first time while reading Fifty shades of Grey. In the book it is described as a very sad, emotional classical piece. And as some of you know, I love sad classical pieces. So I had to listen to it. And when I did, I got goose bumps and got tears in my eyes. Another beautiful piece. 
  • Lacrimosa by Mozart: Lacrimosa is a part in the Requiem mass and I really hope one day I'll sing it in a choir. 
  • Prelude Op. 28 No. 2 by Chopin: Another piece mentioned in Fifty shades of Grey and is again breath-taking. I don't know why, but I just get so much more from sad songs than from happy ones. But don't you worry. There's one (yes just one) song on my top five that is actually quite happy.
  • Emperor Waltz by Strauss: I'll never forget asking my mum to play me this piece on our piano when I was a child. I loved the piece back then and I still love it. I'm a Strauss fan.


Top 5 songs sung in church: (they will all be written in Slovene because I don't know English version of their titles. Also most of you won't know these songs. Unless you sing in Sora's parish choir) 
  • Pesem žalno: This song is sung during Lent days, which means it is in minor. Therefore it has a sad overtone. I love this song very much, but it also annoys me a little bit. In the last two tacts notes for soprano are very high and I cannot sing very high. So it annoys me that I can't sing one of the best parts of the song. 
  • Na Golgoto: Another song for Lent days and it is again sad. But that's just me. I like sad songs. And this one I can sing without getting annoyed. I actually get quite emotional at the first two lines. 
  • Zahvaljujemo se: finally a song that's not sad :) I like the beginning of the song and the, in a way, low notes for soprano in the middle. And the ending is really good, because it's a bit messy if I can say that. 
  • Otrok v Božični noči: One of the few Christmas songs that I actually like. I'm not a fan of Christmas church songs. But this one is really nice and it has a very nice melody. I was very happy to sing it when I came home for Christmas. I'm also very happy I'll be able to sing both Lent songs that I mentioned earlier in 8 days! :)
  • Sveto mesto Nazareško: A very nice Mary's song that is only sung in May. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Because we normally only sing it once a year. On the second part it gets quite high for soprano, which means I go quiet for two or three notes. But it's still my favourite Mary's song.

Top 5 movie soundtracks:
  • Time in Inception: Hans Zimmer song and I just love it. I like that it starts quietly, it's very melodic. And by each passing moment we can hear more and more. It gets louder as well. It's not a sad song, but for me it's very gentle, passionate song. 
  • A small measure of piece in The last samurai: Another Hans Zimmer creation. I remember almost two years ago I had food poisoning. I kept vomiting and I didn't know what was wrong with me. Kept trying to fall asleep and calm down and the thing that helped me was listening to The last samurai soundtrack. Especially this song. This song can really calm me down. And also make me cry. And I don't even need to be sad!
  • Watch the world burn in The dark knight: This song is in the background when Joker burns the money he got from mafia. That's what money means to him. Nothing. In a way it's similar to song Time because it starts as slow and with low tones but after two minutes the violins get more important and they bring the melody forward. But the whole sound is still heavy. And the end is very sudden. You can feel the struggle the violins make. This is again Hans Zimmer song. Told you I love him. And no, this song does not make me cry :)
  • StarWaves in Oblivion: Finally a non-Zimmer song. The band who created soundtrack for this film is a band called M83. Very electronic sound and it reminds me of Muse in a way. So no wonder I like the song. And most of the soundtrack. For two minutes it leads you towards two high points of the song. And, I don't know. I just get goose bumps.
  • Evenstar in Lord of the rings - The two towers: This is the only movie soundtrack where there's actually someone singing. The performer is Isabel Bayrakdarian and she has a spectacular voice. I wish my voice was like hers. Another peaceful song with a deep meaning.

Top 5 books:
  • Ender's game by Orson Scott Card: For me this book is very psychological. Author constantly talks about what's in Ender's (a six year old boy) mind. He always explains why he does certain thing. Everything has a purpose. A huge twist happens in the end of the book that throws the reader off his/her bottom. And that's why I like this book so much. It's definitely one of my favourites. Plus I like sci-fi. 
  • The Godfather by Mario Puzo: I don't have much to say here, besides I couldn't stop reading this book. I knew the story before I read the book due to watching the film. There were some differences though. I like the mafia topic. I remember playing a video game called Mafia 13 years ago and I liked the relationship between "brugliones" and "dons". I liked this book so much that I ended up reading most of his books. I loved the book The last don. I actually have to read this book again soon!
  • Edge of never by J. A. Redmerski: Do you remember I mentioned the book that constantly talked about The Civil Wars? Well this is the name of the book. A powerful love story between young adults who find themselves on a road trip. The ending was so powerful and so shocking I ended up crying very much. No other book made me like this before. Of course I got tears, but in this book I properly cried. 
  • Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling: I can't decide which one is the best. Maybe the last one. But you have to read all the books to understand the last one. So what makes the last one the so good, is because of the whole storyline in previous books. But anyway, I like the story very much. Sometimes I wish I lived in a world with wizards and witches. In some way it would just make it so much better. Cleaning and tidying your house by just a swing of the wand, dead (important) people on picture frames and you can actually speak to them. Or flying. That would've been amazing. And if I remember correctly Harry Potter books were the first ones that I read for fun and not because I had to. So they have a big value in my life when it comes to reading.
  • Fifty shades trilogy by E. L. James: I don't care what people say about these books, but I can honestly say I love all three books. The second and third are better than the first one though. And no, I don't like the books because of all the naughty things the main characters do. I love it because of the strong relationship they have. I just love their story. Simple as that. They both have to compromise a lot in order to have a relationship. And that's what all relationships are about. Compromise. 

This is it for this post. If you have any suggestions what should I write about in next post, which top five, please let me know and I'll include them! :) 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar